Tis the season to buy a calendar or so say us, Europe’s No1 Official calendar publisher Danilo, as we enter our busiest time of year. But the big question we keep hearing is: Who will be crowned the Pin Up King(s) or Queen(s) for 2014?
For the past 10 years, the delightful Sir Cliff Richard has always enjoyed a place at the top end of our charts, but this year may see him overtaken as more and more people rush to buy popular boy band One Directions 2014 calendar. Releasing his 100th album this year, there is clearly a lot of love still for the Peter Pan of Pop and here are a few reasons why:
• He is the only singer to have had a No. 1 single in the UK in 5 consecutive decades: the 1950s through to the 1990s
• His songs are still well-liked today including classics such as Celebrations and Summer Holiday
• He has released 47 studio albums, 35 compilations, 11 live albums and 7 film soundtracks
• He is 72 but still a great singer and dancer
• His album Soulicious became his 41st top-10 UK hit album
And the list could go on…but with X-factor boy band One Direction’s phenomenal success worldwide continuing to grow, its possible Cliff may be surpassed for 2014.
We can definitely understand how the smart coordinated outfits, cheeky sense of humour and lovely smiles of Harry, Liam, Niall, Zayn and Louis could convince us to put them pride of place on our walls, but can they overcome the number of loyal fans Sir Cliff has…..Only time will tell!!